Featured Post

Just Getting Started or Need A Quick Topic Index?

New to this Scripture Blog? It was designed to be read from the foundation forward, so reading from oldest posts to most current is ...

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Daily Devotion

In addition to the in depth Bible study, I like to take a period of time each year to just read through the Bible as a book. I do this for a few reasons: 1) Every time I've read through the Bible in this way, I've gleamed new insight. 2) Every time I've read through the Bible, it further cements what I know and keeps me sharp to where passages are located, how they're tied together, and the history of it all including genealogies. 3) Further, it's a sure fire way to dedicate time to God daily which makes all the difference in the world!!! Personally, I like to start my day in Scripture as it really makes my day grounded and happy!

My approach if you'd like to join me this go around is to read 5 chapters each day from the Bullinger KJV Companion Bible. If we begin tomorrow that will give us a day off each week should we need it as well as busy holidays, and still complete the Bible from Genesis to Revelation by year end. I also like to read the accompanying Appendices each time as they are such a wealth of information! 

No comments: